Followers livid as trials start to vary soccer endlessly
According to Mundo Deportivo, attempts are currently being made to implement four fundamental changes in football.
Football fans are notoriously resistant to change, as evidenced by the European Super League plans earlier this year.
We can only imagine that some of the changes suggested in the Mundo Deportivo article will not go down well with the mass of supporters.
The report shows that the U19 teams from PSV Eindhoven, AZ Alkmaar, RB Leipzig and Club Brugge are taking part in a tournament called the Future of Football Cup.
The four main changes are as follows, as the Spanish publication reports:
- Two 30-minute halves of football, the game is interrupted when the ball goes out, à la basketball.
- Unlimited substitutions, picture “Roll on, Roll off” on Sunday league level.
- No more throw-ins, players kick the ball in from the sideline instead.
- Yellow cards lead to containers for sins, the perpetrators have to sit out for five minutes.
MORE: Petition rerun for Italy v England exceeds 140,000 signatures and MIGHT be debated in Parliament
Arsene Wenger is FIFA Head of Global Football Development More Stories / Latest news
Mundo Deportivo believe that at the end of the tournament, FIFA will provide a full report of the changes and their positive / negative effects before moving any further.
Regardless of what happens, it is a clear sign that those in power are ready and willing to make a big change in football.
Here’s what some fans on Twitter had to say on the matter …
The music box stops when the ball runs out is the only good one
– ?? (@FLX______) July 17, 2021
30 minutes is terrible
– akiii Majiiii (@ AkiMaj275) July 17, 2021
What part of leaving football alone doesn’t UEFA, Fifa and everyone else get?
– Submission of SZN ????????? (@ hotspur1925) July 17, 2021
What the hell is that?? Just bring the Super League back.
– Black Swan (@CrniiiLabud) July 17, 2021
It’s not football anymore, you can add horses and lions to make players run faster when they want to have more fun ???
– Banks (@diallo_banks) July 17, 2021
Super League doesn’t sound bad now
– Don Murtough (@LordDanieI) July 17, 2021
Better a terrible joke. If not, then just stop now
– Chris Irwin (@ chrisirwin5) July 17, 2021